LinkedIn Advertising Options: A Must Know for B2B Marketers
Deborah Kurfiss, Umbrella Content Marketing Director on
Feb 24, 2023
We’ve sung the praises of LinkedIn advertising for B2B before. After all, LinkedIn boasts the largest professional community in the world. LinkedIn advertising can be a best friend to your B2B clients.
Here’s some of the reasons:
- LinkedIn is the leading platform for B2B lead generation.
- LinkedIn has over 875 million members
- Many decision makers use LinkedIn, over 65 million.
- LinkedIn users stay on the site for eight minutes on average
- It gets an average of 1.5 billion visits every three months
- About 1/3 of adults in the United States use LinkedIn.
- Most LinkedIn users make over $75,000 per year.
- Over 58 million companies use LinkedIn.
- 93% of B2B marketers have used LinkedIn in the last year.
Once you decide to advertise on LinkedIn, you have some choices to make. How to decide what kind of ad to run for the client results you want to see? Keep reading.
Native ads are sponsored advertisements that appear right in the feed of your client’s audience. Though ads are labeled “promoted” they don’t jump out at people as LinkedIn advertising. They look like posts in the feed. People are likely to read them with the rest of their feed without really noticing they are reading an ad.
A native ad is often a boosted post. If you see a post doing well, consider boosting it in order to increase the reach of your client’s LinkedIn page.
LinkedIn recommends that you use native posts for
- Capturing attention right in your audience’s feed
- Accomplishing pretty much any objective you might want such as building brand awareness and driving leads.
- Measuring the performance of native ads tell you a lot about your target audience.
- Single image ads: Use an attention-grabbing single image.
- Document ads: Enable the audience to download your client’s document such as a white paper directly from their news feed. You can also collect contact information to build your lead list before permitting the download.
- Video ads: Bring your client’s audience right into the action with powerful video ads.
- Carousel ads: Show up to 10 images in a single ad with carousel ads. Show different ways to use a product, items that are currently on special or tell any story you like about your client’s company.
- Event ads: Event ads help you to increase your attendance at LinkedIn events you create. As they scroll through their LinkedIn feed, give your client’s audience all the information they need to attend your client’s LinkedIn event.
LinkedIn Message Ads
When you want your audience to act immediately, LinkedIn Message Ads enable you to send direct messages through LinkedIn Messages. This is a very direct method of LinkedIn advertising.
- Deliver a focused message with a single call to action
- Use when you want better engagement than you are likely to get through email
- Note which segments are reacting best to your message so you can target them more heavily in the future.
Conversation ads enable you to begin conversations with your audience.
- Increase engagement
- Include multiple call to action buttons to enable your audience to access what interests them – all in one LinkedIn Conversation Ad.
- Get audience insights through detailed reporting and monitoring of what people click.
Dynamic Ads are automatically customized to your client’s audience. This form of LinkedIn advertising feels very personal.
- Grab attention with ads that can include the user’s name, photo, job title and other information from their profile.
- Automate personalized campaigns at scale.
- Customize your ads in LinkedIn Campaign Manager according to your client’s marketing goals.
Pay Per Click (PPC) or Cost Per Impression (CPM) ads that are text-only and enable you to choose your audience.
- Drive traffic to your website or landing page
- Generate leads
- Budget friendly. Control costs and set your budget. Choose PPC or CPM.
- Track your leads and conversions.
Looking for Help with LinkedIn Advertising?
If LinkedIn advertising is not one of the areas of expertise of your marketing agency, contact Umbrella to discuss our white label LinkedIn advertising services. We can also help you to help your clients with LinkedIn networking and social media on LinkedIn and other platforms.
Contact us here or call us at (866) 760-2638 for a free consultation.